The lonely nights.
The unfulfilled fantasies.
The resent at watching friends go back home with their partners.
Being in a long distance relationship is hard, and being single can also be tough at times.
Fortunately, lots of other people are right there with you, and that means someone has been thinking about the solution to these issues.
And now, you have a whole selection of sex toys that can help you get closer to your partner, no matter where they are.
Check out my list of the best remote control vibrators for couples…
These are amazing for solo play as well.
Why You Would Want a Remote Controlled Vibrator
There are actually several different reasons you might want to buy a remote control vibrator.
The top reason for couples to have one is that new models are controllable via an app you can download to your device.
With this feature, your partner can control your toy and simulate sex with you.
It’s extremely useful whether you and your partner currently live in separate cities or one of you is away often for work or school.
That being said, to get the most from your purchase, you can use remote controlled sex toys in several other ways, even when you are alone or your partner is finally in the same location as you.
Here are a few of the other uses, depending on which model you select:
- Hands-free orgasms when you use the app yourself.
- The ability to watch erotic movies or read erotic stories while your toy pleasures you with preset patterns.
- Risqué public play time with wearable vibrators, controlled either by yourself or your partner.
- Using the vibrator during sex with a partner, so that each of you can use your hands for other things.
The Features That are Important for Couples
So that’s what remote control vibrators can do.
But how do you know which one is right for you?
Here are the features I’ve found to be most important in selecting a vibrator for couples:
- An app that works well so that you can stay connected, chat with each other, see each other, and each control speed and intensity as you choose.
- The ability to sync two toys together for mutual long distance sex, so that each of you is experiencing pleasure from a toy at the same time, possibly even with the same speed and intensity.
- Voice command and pattern preset features so that you and your partner can keep the mood going without fiddling with buttons.
- A rechargeable power feature that removes the need for cords or batteries and holds a charge for at least a couple hours, so that play time doesn’t get interrupted by a toy turning off unexpectedly.
- The noise level of the toy, in case privacy is hard to come by (or purposely ignored).
- Wear-ability or how easily the vibrator stays in place without holding it.
Now, you may not need every one of these features in your toy. It depends what uses you and your partner want most. These are just some of the biggest considerations when you’re looking for a toy for couples.
What You Can Expect from the Apps
Functionality of the vibe is of course the most important aspect because if it doesn’t feel good, it’s not really worth the extra features.
That being said, a close runner-up in importance is the software that works with a long distance capable vibrator.
If the app is no good, you will still be able to have fun with the toy yourself, but it will make it extremely difficult to have fun with your partner.
And isn’t that pretty much the whole point of buying one of these toys?
You want to look for an app that works with any Bluetooth enabled device.
That way, your partner can download it and control your toy whether he’s using an Apple or Android device.
The other thing to look for is how easy the app is to use and whether it offers the ability to have video chat in-app with your partner while using the toy.
It’s worthwhile to note that the connectivity of any of these apps depends upon your local internet connection.
A lot of long distance sex toys get bad reviews because the app loses connectivity, but it’s not always the app that’s the actual problem.
Loss of connectivity usually has to do with the quality of the Bluetooth receiver on the actual toy.
Who Should Choose the Toy
Now, even though these are couples toys, I highly suggest that the lady of the pair (or the one who will be receiving from the toy) picks out which long distance vibrator to buy.
Because remote control vibrators come in a variety of styles, and you want to make sure the two of you have a style that works to provide amazing orgasms for her.
Some women prefer clitoral orgasms.
Some prefer G-spot orgasms.
Some like a blend of the two.
Some need something else entirely, like anal stimulation.
There is a remote control vibrator for all types.
Additionally, different designs will fit certain anatomies better than others.
And she will have a better idea of what kinds of speeds and patterns need to be available through the toy.
Trust me, long distance sex will be a lot more fun if the receiving partner is actually able to have orgasms from the interaction.
So without further ado, here are my top picks:
The Top 8 Remote Control Sex Toys
1. Lovense Lush 2
Lush is one of the first remote control vibrators that came on the market, and it’s still at the top of the popularity list.
Lush 2 is the newer generation, with a few updates that have improved previous complaints.
One of the biggest upgrades is that Lush 2 has a better Bluetooth receiver so that you’re less likely to lose connection with your significant other.
It’s also super quiet and offers extremely powerful vibrations.
One of the things that makes Lush 2 stand out from other vibes on this list is that it is completely wearable and discreet under clothing. And because it’s insertable, it’s unlikely to come out of place during clothed play.
- Hands-free orgasms.
- Wearable and quiet for discreet public play.
- Powerful vibrations.
- Syncs with music patterns and vocal commands.
- The antenna looks kind of funny sticking out.
- Can only be used with the app.
- Not designed to provide clitoral orgasms.
2. Lovense Nora
Although the Lush was the original Lovense remote control vibrator, the Nora has become just as popular as her sister product.
Nora is a rabbit style vibrator, which means it provides both G-spot and clitoral stimulation at the same time. And it’s designed to do each fairly well.
The shaft gyrates rather than just vibrating, so it grinds against your G-spot to provide a more intense sensation than vibrations alone can provide. As for the clitoral arm, it is flexible so that it stays pressed comfortably against your clit no matter how you move the toy.
- Pairs with other Lovense toys such as the Max.
- Syncs with music patterns and vocal commands.
- Separate controls for shaft and clitoral arm.
- Up to 4 hours of charge.
- Not as water resistant as advertised.
- Loud motor.
3. Vibease Clitoral Vibrator
The Vibease certainly looks less impressive than the other vibrators on this list, but if you give it a chance, you just might be surprised at what it can do.
Plus, it’s so small that it’s easy to tuck away in a drawer or handbag.
This vibrator provides clit stimulation only, so it’s perfect if you aren’t looking for internal stimulation or don’t care for G-spot orgasms.
And here’s the real deal clincher:
It syncs with audiobooks.
The only other toy on this list can do that is its sister product, the Vibease Esthesia, which I’ll talk about in just a moment.
Basically, you put the vibease in your panties, where it snuggles up against your clit, and you can then enjoy listening to an erotic audiobook.
Vibease will match speed and intensity with the words in the book. When the heat rises, Vibease vibrates harder and faster.
And you can also still use it by giving control over to your partner via the Vibease app.
- Lightweight and wearable for hands-free play.
- Syncs with erotic audiobooks.
- Up to 3 hours of charge.
- Quiet motor for discreet public play.
- App allows photo and video sharing.
- May not stay in place if you move around a lot because it just nestles against the clit.
- Does not provide internal stimulation.
4. Vibease Esthesia
Esthesia is the sister product to the original Vibease.
What makes Esthesia different is that it’s a rabbit vibrator, similar to Lovense Nora.
If you like dual stimulation for blended orgasms and listening to erotic audiobooks, then this is definitely a toy to consider.
You get the benefit of a smart solo toy and a couple toy all in one.
This vibrator holds up to 2 hours of charge at a time, which isn’t the most of any toy on this list, but is certainly within the acceptable range.
- Only rabbit that syncs with audiobooks.
- Comparatively inexpensive.
- App allows photo and video sharing.
- Not the best rabbit vibrator if you don’t use the app features.
- Not much flexibility in the shaft or clit arm, making it less than comfortable at times.
5. Lovense Domi
Domi is the only wand vibrator that pairs with a long distance app.
That’s a big deal because wands are some of the most popular vibrators out there.
If you haven’t used a wand vibrator before, know that they provide hands-down the most intense clitoral orgasms you can get. Putting one in the hands of your partner means you are in for a session of teasing and edging that will end in explosive clit orgasms.
In fact, I would recommend Domi as an excellent wand vibrator, even if you don’t intend to use the long distance features.
- Small and easy to hold.
- Flexible neck for the right angle and pressure.
- Extremely powerful vibrations.
- Wide range of vibration patterns.
- Not waterproof.
- Somewhat loud.
- No internal stimulation.
6. Lovense Hush
Hush is different from every other toy on this list in that it is specifically designed for anal stimulation.
It’s a vibrating butt plug that can be controlled via an app.
Now, if you want to simulate anal sex, there unfortunately are not any toys specifically designed to provide deep or thrusting anal vibrations. And most of the G-spot vibrators just aren’t going to be long enough or have a safely flared base for anal play.
But Hush does allow you to give control of some anal stimulation to your partner.
- Unique spiral design keeps lube in place for easy removal after long wear.
- Waterproof for shower play.
- Available in two sizes, important for getting the right anal sensation for your anatomy and experience level.
- The antenna at the base can press uncomfortably against the body.
7. OhMiBod Fuse
Fuse is another rabbit style vibrator, and it really shines at allowing you and your partner to sync vibrations and intensity.
If you use it with another Kiiro product, you can both experience the same vibration patterns at the same time.
In addition to providing quite realistic long distance sex, Fuse syncs with VR technology. This feature allows you to watch erotic films and time your sensations with what’s happening in the film.
- Only rabbit vibrator that syncs with VR.
- Syncs with partner toys.
- LED lights to indicate charge level.
- Somewhat loud.
- Clitoral arm doesn’t have its own motor, which reduces clit stimulation.
- Only a 1-hour battery life at full charge.
8. We-Vibe Sync
We-Vibe is another popular long distance vibrator brand.
And the Sync is pretty amazing. It has a unique u-shape. It’s not quite a rabbit. Not just a clitoral vibrator.
It can provide dual stimulation, yet it can also provide anal stimulation by changing how you use it. It’s designed to work well for long distance or local sex with your partner.
The biggest drawback is that it is about $200.
- Dual stimulation.
- Syncs with music.
My Favorite Pick for a Remote Couple Vibrator
I really like We-Vibe Sync and recommend it if you can afford it. But the price tag does make it a bit restrictive.
So my pick for the top vibrator in this category is the Lovense Nora.
It does a fantastic job of providing both clitoral and G-spot orgasms, and it syncs with your partner’s Lovense toy (if they have one).
Because of this, it can provide the best all around intimate experience for long distance sex in my opinion. It also holds its charge the longest of any toy on this list, which is super important for not interrupting sexy play time.
Another great feature of Nora is that it has one of the most sophisticated and reliable apps on the market because Lovense has been around for years and regularly updates their products based on customer reviews.
You won’t go wrong with this toy for keeping close to your partner over the miles.